My first post!
This blog is basically going to be a place where I can record everything I cook. This way I won’t have to search for 4 years to make the recipe again.
My husband just started a new job in New Jersey last month. We moved from Pittsburgh a few weeks ago to a quiet suburban town. Pittsburgh wasn’t exactly the biggest city in the world, but there were a lot of places to eat out. I know that I’m going to have to start cooking more since we can’t see Chipotle from our back window anymore.
This recipe is an easy side dish or lunch. The recipe is easily adaptable to use any leftover veggies that you may have in the fridge. The lemony flavor makes it the perfect light side to go with your grilled meal during the summer months! My husband just bought his first big boy grill, a.k.a. gas grill, so I’ve been looking for easy sides to go with the million hot dogs we’ve been eating.
Mediterranean Couscous Salad
Prep time – 10 mins
Cook time – 5 mins
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1/2 cup of grape tomatoes
- 1/2 small red onion
- 1/4 cup black olives
- 1 box of couscous – I generally use the garlic and herb, but you can get whatever flavor you like
- 1 small red pepper
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- 1 TSP olive oil
- 1 TBSP lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Make the couscous – follow the directions on the box.
- While the couscous is on the stove, chop all of the veggies into small bite sized chunks and place into a large mixing bowl.
- Fluff the couscous and then let it cool.
- Once the couscous is cooled, add it into the large mixing bowl with the veggies.
- Add the olive oil, lemon juice, feta cheese, salt and pepper. Stir until everything is mixed together evenly.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.