All I want to do on Sunday’s is eat and watch Peyton Manning. I mean what’s not to love?! The best quarterback in the league and some delicious food. Anthony was away at a bachelor party all weekend. I don’t understand why bachelor parties last all weekend. It’s crazy. You should only get one night out.
Before he left for the weekend we made these pork chops together. It may surprise people, but we usually cook together. It’s something we enjoy doing with each other. This meal was his idea. He isn’t really a fan of plain pork chops, so we made them a little differently than usual. This definitely isn’t the healthiest meal, since it is fried and breaded, but I think that’s okay. Anthony added some sauteed onions on top of his pork chop. It’s a perfect food to eat while watching Peyton win.
Fried Pork Chops
Yields – 2 Pork Chops
Prep Time – 10 Minutes
Cook Time – 15 Minutes
- 1/4 cup of flour
- 1 egg
- 1/2 TSP of garlic powder
- 1/2 TSP Italian seasoning
- 2 pork chops
- 2 TBSP vegetable oil
- Beat the egg in one bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, Italian Seasoning and garlic powder.
- Place 1 pork chop into the egg and make sure it is fully coated in egg.
- Then, place it into the flour mixture making sure it is fully coated.
- Repeat these steps with the same pork chop again, coating it with the egg and then flour. Then, place it aside.
- Repeat steps 3-5 with the second pork chop.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a pan.
- Once the oil is hot place both pork chops in the pan over medium heat.
- Let them cook on 1 side for about 7 minutes or until the pork chop is browned.
- Flip the pork chop and again cook it for about 7 minutes or until it is browned.