Have you ever had one of those Mondays? I definitely did today. I had this weird nightmare where someone was trying to kill everyone at my job and I was next on their list when my alarm went off. As soon as I woke up I found a huge centipede in my room and screamed at Anthony to get out of bed and kill it. Thank goodness he is a wonderful man and did kill it. I should have just gone back to sleep then. Work was just a littttttle hectic today and when I got home the dog was going nuts. AND I STILL HAVE TO MAKE DINNER TONIGHT! I sure hope the rest of the week isn’t like this.
If you had one of those Monday’s today and need to take your aggression out on something, please make these potatoes. Don’t take it out on your husband or your dog. Just mash potatoes for a few extra minutes. It’ll make you feel better, I promise. Then, you get to eat one of the yummiest comfort foods out there.
This is a fairly standard recipe for mashed potatoes, but you could easily jazz it up if you wanted to. I, personally, just like these plain.
Yields – 2 servings
Prep time – 10 minutes
Cook time – 15 minutes
- 3 large potatoes
- 1/4 cup of milk
- 2 TBSP of butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 cups of water
- Bring water to boil in a large pot.
- Peel and cut potatoes into 1 inch chunks
- Add the potatoes to the boiling water and allow to boil for about 15 minutes or until the potatoes are tender when putting a fork in them.
- Drain the water from the pot. If you want to be super healthy you can keep this liquid and use it to make the potatoes instead of milk.
- Begin to mash the potatoes.
- Once the potatoes are completely smooth, add your butter, salt, pepper and milk.
- Stir until completely mixed.