It is officially starting to get cold. Like what the heck. I don’t want this! I want 75 degree days every day. Can someone make that happen for me?! I don’t want to pay for heat! That’s the worst! And driving in the snow?! That’s the scariest. I hate it so much. Does anywhere live where it is warm and want to swap houses for a few weeks? I’ll let you watch my cute dog!
I guess if it has to get cold at least we can eat delicious soup right? I do enjoy having soup. It’s a nice way to comfort yourself in the cold. And this is definitely a week night soup. It is so simple. I really like it best the day after you make it. The potatoes get even softer and make the soup a little thicker. It’s so good and it’s good for you! If you are watching your weight this would be perfect. Or if you do meatless Mondays, you could serve this with a salad and some really crispy bread. YUM! I need to make this again soon. It is definitely one of my favorite meals and I don’t feel bad eating a bowl load of it! (Ok that was corny…).
Spinach and Potato Soup
Yields – 4 servings
Prep time – 5 minutes
Cook time – 40 minutes
- 3 potatoes
- 1/2 a package for frozen spinach
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 TSP of olive oil
- 4 cups of chicken stock
- 1/2 TSP of black pepper
- 1/4 TSP of red pepper flakes
- Wash and chop your potatoes.
- Heat olive oil in a medium pot, then add the garlic into the pot for 2 minutes.
- Add chicken stock, potatoes, black pepper and red pepper flakes to the pot.
- Cook over medium/low heat for about 3o minutes or until the potatoes are soft when you poke them with a fork. Make sure to stir the soup occasionally.
- Add the spinach and cook for 10 more minutes.