We are having a lot of weekend house guests this month, so I am thinking of easy ideas to make for them for breakfast in the morning. I want to make something that people like and doesn’t take too much time. This ham and swiss omelet was inspired by the things left in my fridge after the end of last week. Sometimes cooking for two is hard. We buy things and never can think of ways to use it all up. I’m specifically thinking about celery when I say that. We always buy celery for one recipe and never finish the rest of it. If you have fun ways of using celery, please let me know. So, we had left over ham and swiss in our fridge to use up and I made it into this omelet. I added grape tomatoes too because we had to use up those also.
This omelet reminds me of those childhood sandwiches that I used to get in my lunch box. I loved ham and cheese as a kid. Only now it’s a little more grown up since I’m putting it in an omelet. At least I like to think it’s more grown up.
I started working full time now, so between work, taking care of my husband and dog, and keeping the house clean…. I will try to blog. I’ll try to be on here as much as possible. I have a stock pile of recipes that I haven’t posted yet. Anthony has been cooking a bit more lately, so that’s really nice. He made me dinner last week and breakfast this weekend. I am definitely a lucky lady.
Ham and Cheese Omelet
Prep time – 5 minutes
Cook time – 15 minutes
- 3 large eggs
- 3 slices of deli ham, sliced
- 3 slices of deli swiss cheese, sliced
- 1/8 cup of onion, chopped
- 7 grape tomatoes, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Slice the onion, tomatoes, cheese and ham.
- Whisk together your eggs with the salt and pepper.
- In a frying pan over medium heat cook your onion, ham and tomatoes until they are browned (about 3 to 4 minutes).
- Add your egg to the pan and cook until the eggs are cooked through and they are no longer runny. I usually will tilt the pan to one side after a few minutes to make sure the liquid in the middle moves to the side and cooks.
- Add your cheese and let the cheese melt into the omelet.
- Flip the omelet in half and serve immediately.