In Pittsburgh there was this breakfast place called Pamela’s that I LOVED. The wait was always at least 30 minutes on the weekend because it was the only good place to get breakfast in the city, but it was so worth it. Their pancakes were a mix between crepes and pancakes. They were heavenly! Throw some bananas and nutella on there and I was in heaven. The main thing we went there for was the breakfast potatoes. I do not understand how they got these potatoes to be so amazing. I’m drooling just thinking about it.
I wish that we could still go to Pamela’s, but since we can’t I decided to try to recreate the potatoes at home. These potatoes ended up not being too much like Pamela’s potatoes, but they were still delicious. And they would pair oh so nicely with that ham and swiss omelet from my last post. Plus, these are only 4 ingredients that I’m sure everyone has in their house. If you want to really impress someone and make them think you spent hours on their breakfast, this is the way to go. And if anyone has a copy cat recipe of Pamela’s potatoes, please send it to me. You’ll be my best friend. I promise.
Home Style Hash Browns
Yields – 2 servings
Prep time – 5 minutes
Cook time – 15 minutes
- 2 potatoes
- 1/2 a yellow onion
- 1 TBSP of butter
- 2 TSP of hot sauce
- Chop your potatoes and onions into small bite sized pieces.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat. Add 1/2 of your butter to the frying pan. Once the butter is melted add your potatoes.
- Cook until the potatoes start to soften, then begin mashing some of the potatoes with a fork in the pan.
- Once the potatoes are browned on one side, flip them and add the onions making sure the mix the onions into the potatoes.
- Once the potatoes are browned on both sides and softened, serve immediately. This took us about 15 minutes.