I was really wishing that we would get some snow, so that I could have a snow day and have a day off. Then, I heard about Buffalo and how much snow they just got. I really don’t need snow anymore after hearing about that. Those people were stranded for days in their cars and homes. I really hope that they are able to plow people out soon. I would make them all a quiche if I could!
In other news my kitchen light is broken! We need a new switch for the light, but it completely doesn’t work. It gets dark early and the light doesn’t work. It’s impossible to take pictures! I’m really trying!
This quiche is amazing. We make it all the time and have been making it for years. It’s by far our favorite recipe. You can use up any veggies that you have going bad in the fridge. Or hide veggies from your kid in this eggy and cheesy recipe. This quiche does make a lot more than you need for dinner for two, but we pack it for lunch the rest of the week. If you are making dinner for two, I would suggest making this early in the week so you can eat the recipes for lunch later in the week. Or you can make this quiche and then be snowed in all week!
Spinach, Bacon and Cheddar Quiche
Yields – 6 servings
Prep time – 15 minutes
Cook time – 45 minutes
- 4 strips of bacon
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup of milk
- 2 cups of spinach
- 3/4 cup of cheddar cheese
- 1 pie crust
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 a yellow onion
- Place your pie crust into the oven at 375 degrees for 5 minutes, then take it out.
- Scramble your eggs and add the milk into the eggs. Whip the eggs for about 2 minutes to add air into the mixture so your quiche is nice and fluffy.
- Cook your bacon until it is crispy and then chop it into small, bite sized pieces.
- Chop your onion and garlic. Shred the cheese.
- Add your spinach to the pie crust, then the onions, garlic and bacon. Pour the eggs over your veggies and half the cheese on top of the eggs.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and put your remaining cheese on top of the quiche.
- Bake for another 15 minutes or until the eggs are fully cooked. Remove from the oven and serve immediately.