When I first lived in Pittsburgh, before Anthony and I got engaged, I lived in an apartment with 3 other girls. For the most part we got along fine. We were never really friends, but we didn’t have any problems either. We were just very different. I lived there for 2 years and then Anthony and I got engaged, so I moved in with him. I was so ready to not live with roommates anymore. Then we moved in together and I thought sharing one bathroom with 4 girls was bad, but it was nothing compared to sharing one bathroom with Anthony. He takes the worlds longest showers. I mean at LEAST 30 minutes, which gets tricky when you have to be on time somewhere and Anthony has to shower. Serious life struggles. We have two bathrooms now, so we manage much better.
One of the girls I lived with during that time in Pittsburgh made these peanut butter no bake cookies and I still dream about them. I never got the recipe from her, but I made this recipe and it was pretty close. These cookies are so easy to make and it only takes like 10 minutes to make them. The hardest part is honestly waiting for them to harden. I suggest making a couple of tiny ones, because they’ll harden faster and you won’t have to wait as long. I was so confident in the amazingness of these cookies that I shared them with my in-laws. That is saying something!
Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies
Yields – 24 cookies
Prep time – 10 minutes
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1/8 cup of butter
- 1/4 cup of milk
- 1/2 cup of peanut butter (I prefer to use creamy for this recipe)
- 1/2 TSP of vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup of rolled oats
- In a large pan over medium heat bring sugar, butter and milk to a rolling boil (large bubbles rising to the surface) for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and stir in the peanut butter and vanilla until all the peanut butter is melted, then add the oats.
- Drop the mixture onto wax paper by the spoonful.
- Wait for the cookies to harden and serve!