I am so excited about the name of these cookies! It just came to me! My four C’s cookies. It’s just so dang cute. There aren’t really chocolate chips, they’re those delicious Cadbury chocolate eggs. They’re the ones with just chocolate in the middle and the crunchy coating. I love them. I literally hoard bags of them because they only come out during Christmas and Easter time. Something about the chocolate inside of them is just so amazing. It’s rich and creamy.
A few weeks ago Anthony’s friends came to visit for the weekend. They went hiking and grilled weird meats. And I baked them cookies. These were originally going to be plain sugar cookies because I didn’t have any chocolate chips, but I found a bag of the Cadbury eggs and decided to sacrifice them. I actually really liked the sugar cookies with chocolate in them. It was really yummy. I baked 36 cookies and by the end of the weekend there were 4 left. The three boys ate all of them. I’m dreaming of them. I need to make more soon! I hear Santa loves these cookies too.
I figured these would be the perfect way to start December! A little bit of Christmas cheer! December is going to be a fun and busy month. I’m excited for it!
Chocolate Chip Christmas Cookies
Yields – 36 cookies
Prep Time – 15 minutes
Cook Time – 8 to 10 minutes
- 1 cup of butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups of chopped Cadbury Chocolate Eggs
- Preheat the oven to 350º F.
- Cream together butter and sugar for about 2 1/2 minutes, until fluffy.
- Stir in egg, flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Mix in your Cadbury Chocolate Eggs.
- Roll the dough into balls and roll in granulated sugar.
- Place the balls 1 inch apart on your cookie sheet.
- Add sprinkles or decorations if you want to.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, until a light brown color.