Today is the day to reveal my cookies! I had so much fun participating in this cookie swap. I was a little nervous to sign up since I am so new to blogging, but I am really glad that I did. We got to sample some really delicious cookies and I found a few new blogs to follow!
Here are the three types of cookies that I received:
These were really yummy. My husband really enjoyed them. He loves coconut.
These cookies were my personal favorite, but I’m partial to anything with caramel on it.
I honestly did not get to try these cookies. They were gone before I go a change, but according to my husband who ate the whole dozen, they were delicious.
Now onto my cookies. I mailed cookies to I Want Crazy, Our Full Table and Big Flavors from a Tiny Kitchen. I mailed them these Chocolate Chunk Mint Sandwich Cookies. These cookies are really special to me. My maid of honor’s mom makes these cookies for us whenever we go over to her home. It has become quite a tradition. They are some of my most favorite cookies.
Just looking at the melted mint chocolate is making my mouth water. I need to make these again soon!
Chocolate Chunk Mint Sandwich Cookies
Yields – 3 dozen
Prep time – 15 minutes
Bake time – 9 to 12 minutes
- 2 cups of flour
- 1/2 a cup of cocoa powder
- 1 TSP of baking soda
- 1 cup of softened butter
- 3/4 cup of white sugar
- 3/4 cup of brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 TSP of vanilla extract
- 2 cups of chocolate chunks
- 2 packages of Andes Mints
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together your flour, baking soda and cocoa powder.
- Beat together your butter with both types of sugar.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, then add your vanilla.
- Mix in your flour mixture.
- Add the chocolate chips and fold into the cookie batter.
- Add small teaspoon sized chunks of your batter to a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 9 to 12 minutes until fully cooked.
- While the cookies are cooling, place an Andes Mint into the middle of two of the cookies.
- Allow the cookies to cool together.