I have A LOT of time off, like 18 days straight. It is amazing. I am loving it. I’m beginning to get nervous that I won’t be able to go back because it is so dang nice to be off. I also have time to do things like shop, do laundry and bake banana bread. Plus, I think the dog is ecstatic that someone is home with him more. I really should be worried about what the dog is going to do when I have to go back to work. He will miss spending so much time on the couch.
This banana bread is amazing. I am so excited to share it, because every time I make it I have to look up the recipe. I found the recipe on food.com and I have been making banana bread this way ever since. It has 4 bananas, so the banana flavor really stands out which is exactly what you want in banana bread. It is super moist and delicious. I get excited when I finally save up enough bananas to make this recipe, but not as excited as Anthony. He LOVES banana bread. My mouth is watering just thinking about it.
Please go bad soon!
Very Banana Bread
Yields – 1 Loaf
Prep time – 10 minutes
Cook time – 1 hour
- 1/2 cup of butter
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 4 bananas, mashed
- 1 1/2 cups of flour
- 1 TSP of baking soda
- 1/2 TSP of salt
- 1/2 TSP of vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together the butter and sugar until completely mixed.
- Combine the eggs and mashed bananas into the mixture.
- Add the flour, salt, vanilla and baking soda to the mixture.
- Pour the batter into a loaf pan and add a sprinkle of sugar on top of the loaf.
- Bake for 1 hour.