It is getting ready to SNOW here. Like really, really snow. I hope I don’t have school for at least 3 days. We had an early dismissal today, so I am just lounging on my couch for the rest of the afternoon and cuddle my pup. The poor dog already is having trouble walking in the snow. He’s just too small and he really does not enjoy the snow. He has found himself a little spot under the living room heater and is refusing to move.
If you are in the Northeast and about to get hit with this storm, here is the perfect recipe for you. It makes a lot of food and is fantastic for leftovers. Some foods just don’t hold up well leftover, but ziti is so good leftover. I highly suggest making this and eating it while you’re snowed in this week. Even if you aren’t snowed in, make this. You won’t be upset that you did!
Yields – 8 servings
Prep time – 15 minutes
Bake time – 45 minutes
- 1 pound of ziti
- 1 15 oz. container of ricotta cheese
- 2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 TBSP of parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups of meat sauce, plus another cup to pour over the ziti when you serve it
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook the pasta until it is almost cooked all the way through, but is still slightly hard.
- Mix the cheese, parsley, sauce, egg, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Save 1/2 a cup of mozzarella cheese to top the ziti with.
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain the water and mix the pasta into the cheese mix.
- Place the mixture in a large baking pan.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- Top with the remaining mozzarella cheese and place back into the oven for 10 more minutes or until the cheese is browned.