Anthony bought me a new camera for Valentines Day! The pictures look much better. I’m really excited about it! I do have some posts still using the old camera, so the pictures won’t be fantastic for a bit. It’s amazing what a new camera and some outside light will do though. Do you guys have any plans for Valentines Day? We’re going out for a nice dinner. I’m excited it’s on a Saturday! I’m going to wake up and make Anthony heart shaped french toast (as long as I get up before he does). We’ll see how that works out.
If you are looking for a fast, easy treat for Valentines Day, here is an easy recipe for chocolate covered strawberries. It takes no time at all. You can make these and then enjoy them in an hour. I made them for Anthony’s family a few weeks ago and they liked them a lot. And you don’t have to feel SO bad about eating dessert, since it’s mostly fruit. Right?
Chocolate Covered Strawberries
Yields – 1 lb of berries
Prep time – 5 minutes
Wait time – 45 minutes
- 1 cup of semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 lb of strawberries
- parchment paper
- Wash and dry the strawberries. Make sure you dry them well.
- Melt the chocolate. I put the chocolate into the microwave for 30 second intervals until it is melted. Make sure to stir it between each interval. I only needed to put it in for 1 minute. You can also make a double broiler, by putting water into a pot and the chocolate into a heat proof bowl over the pot while it melts.
- Dip the strawberries into the melted chocolate and put them onto the parchment paper.
- Place the strawberries into the fridge and wait!