I made this goal in January to cook one new thing a week. I have been doing OK at it. Most weeks I am able to do it, but sometimes I just fall back into old faithful. It’s just much easier to make something you know. It does get boring though.
This was one of those new recipes. I love the sweet and spicy combo, almost as I love the salty and sweet combo. It’s so delicious. I picked this out recipe because I thought it would be a great combo and it really was. I loved it. Anytime I’m allowed to cook chicken breasts is a good time. Anthony usually makes me have chicken thighs. The pineapple is delicious with the veggies and the spice. It definitely off sets the spicy factor. I froze a little of this, so I’m excited to have it again!
Spicy Pineapple Chicken
Yields – 4 servings
Prep time – 10 minutes
Cook time – 20 minutes
- 1 cup pineapple juice (I bought a can of chunked pineapple and used the juice from that
- 1 TBSP sriracha
- 1 TBSP white vinegar
- 2 TSP soy sauce
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 can of chunked pineapple
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1 red pepper
- 1 onion
- 1/2 a cup of broccoli
- 1/2 a cup of cooked rice
- Marinade the chicken with the pineapple juice, sriracha, vinegar, soy sauce and garlic for at least 1 hour. I marinaded it overnight.
- Chop the broccoli, onion and pepper.
- Heat a pan over medium heat and brown the chicken. Set the chicken aside.
- Cook the pepper, onion and broccoli until they are soft.
- Add the chicken back into the pot with the pineapple and marinade.
- Cook chicken through and then serve over rice.