Something I just crave chicken wings. When we lived in Pittsburgh we lived right around the corner from some amazing chicken wings. Seriously, we could walk there in 2 minutes. I went all the time. They had such great flavors, but I’m a simple person and I always preferred the spicy BBQ and buffalo wings. They had amazing happy hour specials where the wings and fries were 1/2 off. Amazing. I miss it so much. Especially being able to walk places.
Since we no longer can walk to get our wings, we have to make them ourselves. This was our first attempt at making wings at home and they were so good. They were spicy and tender and crispy on the outside. We baked them, so they are SLIGHTLY better for you than the fried wings. My mouth is watering just thinking about them. We need to make them again soon. I’m saving this recipe for next football season.
Buffalo Chicken Wings
Prep time – 10 minutes
Cook time – 45 minutes
Yields – 24 wings
- 1/2 cup of ranch dressing
- 1 TBSP paprika
- 1 TBSP chopped garlic
- 1/2 TSP salt
- 1/2 TSP red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup of hot sauce (I prefer Franks)
- 24 chicken wings (we try to buy just the little drums if we can)
- Place your wings into a large bowl. Pour the ranch, paprika, garlic, salt, red pepper and 1/4 cup of hot sauce into the bowl.
- Mix the wings until evenly coated and place into refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Place the wings into a large baking dish and bake for 20 minutes.
- Turn over all the wings and bake for another 20 to 25 minutes until the skin is nice and brown.
- Place the wings into a big bowl and top with the remaining 1/4 cup of hot sauce until all the wings are evenly coated.
- Serve immediately.