Today is the first official day of spring break! I am so excited to have some time off. It is much needed. I have a list a mile long of things that I need to do that I have been neglecting, like renew my passport. I am dreading that. I also made it my goal to cook and bake a lot so I have new recipes to share! I am planning on blogging a lot more too.
I started my break off by doing taxes and going to the dentist. My dentist is the nicest man in the world, but I still really hate going. I have to go back next week to get more work done.
I’ll tell you what I won’t be eating today after my dentist visit – carrots. This dip is so perfect for carrots though. One of my best friends from college showed me how to make this dip and I have been making it ever since. It is the perfect recipe to bring to a party or serve as an appetizer. It won’t fill people up, but it is really tasty. Definitely make this for your next event or to just celebrate the fact that it is spring break!
Vegetable Spinach Dip
Yields – 8 servings
Prep time – 15 minutes
Cool time – 1 hour
- 1 box (10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach
- 1 container (16 oz.) sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 package Knorr Vegetable recipe mix
- Vegetables or nice bread for dipping
- In a microwavable bowl cook the spinach until it is thawed.
- Drain all of the water possible from the cooked spinach. Use paper towels to press the water out of the spinach. Do not skip this step or it will be extremely watery.
- Mix all the ingredients into a large bowl and put into the fridge to chill for at least an hour.
- Serve with veggies and bread!