I have really been struggling this past month with constant nausea. It’s honestly debilitating. I don’t want to leave my house, because I’m so fearful of being sick. I have been to 3 different doctors and none of them has been useful, so I just have been struggling. If anyone has any tips on getting rid of nausea, please let me know. I have been trying a variety of things, but nothing has stopped it yet. We have been trying to eat foods that I know will be okay in my belly, so lots of soups and carbs.
This soup was something that I had never tried before, but my husband grew up eating. It comes from the recipe binder that his family gives to all the kids. That recipe binder is amazing. I have made so many things from it that I just love. I would definitely suggest using a smaller pasta shape when you make this though. I had penne, so that’s just what I used. If you are looking for a nice light meal, this is the ticket! And it’s perfect for meatless Monday!
Pasta Piselli (Peas and Pasta)
Yields – 6 servings
Prep time – 10 minutes
Cook time – 30 minutes
- 1/2 a box of small pasta
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 8 oz. can of tomato sauce (or a can of pasta, but you’ll need to add two can fulls of water with the paste)
- 1 small bag of frozen peas
- 2 TSP of basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- Cook pasta until it is very al dente. Look at the time on the box and take it off two minutes before it should be done. Drain the pasta and reserve 4 cups of pasta water.
- In a medium sauce pan saute the onion in the olive oil until the onion is translucent.
- Pour the can of sauce into the pan with the onion and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add 2 cups of reserved pasta water and the frozen peas. Bring to a simmer and allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the pasta, basil, salt, pepper and the rest of the pasta water.
- Continue to cook until the pasta texture is to your liking.
- Serve with grated Parmesan cheese.