Summer has officially started! And it is starting with a BANG! A bang called an endoscopy. I am so nervous for it. I keep hearing that it is no big deal, but it’s still really scary! I don’t want to wake up in the middle of it. I don’t even know if that is possible, but I don’t want it to happen. I have it on Thursday and I’m already freaking out!
One of the best ways to calm my nerves is to distract myself. And there is nothing better than distracting yourself with delicious food. Seriously. Nothing better. This is delicious. It tastes fresh and light. It’s a simple, easy side dish for any meal. If you added more chicken, you could even make it the main dish. We actually ended up making this and taking it for lunch for the week. It was perfect for lunch. I’m rambling. The point is that it is extremely versatile and I don’t know why you’re still reading this because you should be making it!
Curry Couscous Salad
Yields – 4 servings
Prep time – 10 minutes
Cook time – 20 minutes
- 1 box of Mediterranean curry couscous (including the spice packet)
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1 can of chickpeas
- 1/2 cup of frozen peas
- 1 cooked chicken leg (you can use whatever piece of chicken you like, we just happened to have a leg)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 tsp curry powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups of chicken stock
- In a medium sauce pot, place the chicken, tomato, chickpeas, peas, onion, chicken stock, curry powder, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Heat over medium low heat for 7 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Once the tomatoes are softened and the peas are cooked through, add the couscous and the spice packet to the pot.
- Stir all the ingredients together and cover.
- Cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Take out the chicken leg, shred and add it back into the pot.
- Serve immediately.