The endoscopy went well. I was a nervous WRECK though. I texted my husband right before going in that I was scared. It really wasn’t scary though. Afterwards I had a little bit of a soar throat and that was it. The biopsy came back today and I do have inflammation in my esophagus. He said generally that is because of a food allergy, so I am now on a milk free diet. No milk products. Do you know how hard it is to think of desserts that don’t have milk?! It’s impossible! Please let me know if you have suggestions.
I can still eat crisp though! Thank goodness! I am loving crisps! For this particular crisp I just threw in every type of fruit we had in the fridge. A lot of the fruit was too soft to eat, so making a crisp was the perfect way to get rid of it! This is a really versatile recipe. You can use whatever fruit you like and just make the topping. I loved it. Plus, crisp is a good excuse to eat whipped cream.
Assorted Fruit Crisp
Yields – 8 servings
Prep time – 15 minutes
Cook time – 45 minutes
- 8 cups of assorted fruits (I used peaches, blueberries and raspberries)
- 1/2 cup of white sugar
- 1 TBSP flour
- 1 TBSP lemon juice
- 1 cup of quick cooking oats
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 cup of packed brown sugar
- 1/4 TSP baking powder
- 1/4 TSP baking soda
- 1/2 cup of butter melted
- Pre-heat the oven the 350 degrees.
- Make sure your fruit is cut into bite sized pieces.
- In a large bowl mix the fruit, white sugar, 1 TBSP flour and lemon juice together.
- Pour the fruit into a baking dish.
- In the same large bowl mix the oats, flour, brown sugar, baking powder and soda, and butter.
- Pour evenly over the fruit mixture.
- Bake for 45 minutes.