Even though I can no longer eat the delicious cheese on top of this burger, I still have a few recipes saved up from when I could eat milk products. Looking at this burger and remembering how amazing it was is really using all my willpower right now. I think not eating cheese will be the hardest part of this. I can do it!
It’s summertime! Everyone wants to be outside grilling and enjoying the beautiful weather. We definitely take advantage of it. We grill at least once a week if not more during this time of the year. I don’t want to put the oven on when it’s 90 degrees outside! And these burgers are the perfect thing to grill. They are HUGE! A half pound each. Obviously you can make it smaller, but we were going all out. I couldn’t eat the whole burger in 1 sitting and I saved some of it on my plate for later. I came back and it was gone. Anthony had eaten it. I was SO upset. It was a major disappointment, so if you have some burger left please hide it from your husband.
Huge Grilled Hamburgers
Yields – 2 burgers
Prep time – 5 minutes
Cook time – 10 – 15 minutes, depending how you like your burgers cooked
- 1 lb of ground beef (we used 85-15)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 TSP garlic powder
- 1/4 TSP onion powder
- 1/2 a chopped yellow onion
- In a large bowl mix all of your ingredients together until completely combined.
- Take about half the mixture and mold it into a hamburger patty, repeat with the remaining beef mixture.
- Place on your grill for about 7 minutes.
- Flip the patty, and grill for another 5 minutes or until the patty is to your liking.
- If you want cheese place the cheese on top to melt.
- Serve immediately!