I don’t know if I have mentioned it yet, but we are leaving on vacation for 10 days! We are doing a road trip and then flying home. We leave Thursday afternoon and drive to Pittsburgh, where we’ll stay with some friends overnight. Then the next morning we drive to Chicago. We stay in Chicago for 2 days. Then, we drive to Denver and stay there for 3 days. Then from Denver we ditch the car and fly to San Fran. From San Fran we fly home. I’m so excited! I may kill my husband after spending that much time in a car with him, but we’ll see.
These muffins would be perfect for a road trip! They are super moist, so they’ll stay fresh for a few days and it’s nice to have a homemade snack on the road. These were so delicious. When I made them we ate them for breakfast and for snacks, but I’m definitely going to be making more for our trip.
Wish us luck!
Banana Cinnamon Muffins
Yields – 12 muffins
Prep time – 10 minutes
Bake time – 25 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 large bananas, mashed (I just take a fork and mash them)
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup butter, melted (I subbed coconut oil since I can’t eat butter)
- 1 TSP vanilla extract
- 1 TSP cinnamon
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease your muffin tins or use a liner.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl mix the bananas, sugar, egg, vanilla and melted butter together.
- Fold in the dry ingredients with the banana mixture.
- Scoop the batter into the muffin tins until they fill about 3/4 of each cup.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.