Anthony went away this weekend for a bachelor party and one of my best friends from college came to stay with me! It was so nice to just get to relax and hang out like we used to in college. We do make a point of trying to see each other about every month, but there are three of us girls who were close and making three schedules work sometimes is a challenge. We are all so busy and don’t live near each other. When we do hang out it’s usually just for the day, but this time we were with each other for awhile. It reminded me so much of college.
This is a meal that we never could have afforded in college and even if we could afford it, we didn’t have a grill. I bought these ribs on sale, but considering we used to pay for our groceries with change I still don’t think we could have bought on sale ribs. I am so happy to have them now though. These are the perfect summer food to grill. Go get some ribs now and make this. Honestly, I am dreaming of them still and we just made them again last week.
BBQ Pork Ribs
Yields – 1 rack of ribs
Prep time – 5 minutes
Cook time – 1 hr and 30 mins to 2 hrs depending on how large your ribs are
- 1 rack of pork ribs
- 1/8th cup of BBQ seasoning rub
- 1/4 cup of BBQ sauce
- Sprinkle the BBQ seasoning rub on both sides of the rack of ribs.
- Wrap the ribs tightly in tin foil so no air can get in or out.
- Place the ribs on the grill over LOW heat.
- Flip the ribs after 30 minutes on the grill.
- After about an hour, open the tin foil and check the doneness of your ribs. Once they are almost done, take them out of the foil and place them directly onto the grill.
- Brush the ribs with your favorite BBQ sauce.
- After 10 minutes, flip the ribs and brush the other side with BBQ sauce.
- Remove from heat and serve.
Shared in: Summer Family Fun