When I could actually drink milk, I loved making pancakes on the weekend. Honestly, I just love making breakfast on the weekends. I feel like it’s a special treat after the long week. During the week I definitely don’t eat a full breakfast. Usually I just have a piece of fruit and maybe a granola bar. On the weekends I just want to eat a big elaborate breakfast. It is definitely harder now that I can’t have milk, because I have yet to find a good pancake or waffle recipe without milk. If you have any suggestions, please send them my way. I’m getting desperate!
I really, really wish that I could eat these pancakes now. I love the pancake recipe that I have and adding fruit to it is so easy. I just wanted to share how easily to add fruit to this recipe. You could add any fruit that you have at home. I like to use up any fruit that we haven’t eaten yet to keep it from going bad. If you want to get really crazy, you could add some chocolate chips or sprinkles. But seriously, make these. Just because I can’t have them doesn’t mean that you shouldn’t!
Yields – 6 pancakes
Prep time – 10 minutes
Cook time – 15 minutes
- 3/4 cup of milk
- 2 TBSP vinegar (I used apple cider, you can also use white)
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 TBSP white sugar
- 1 TSP baking powder
- 1/2 TSP baking soda
- 1/2 TSP of salt
- 1 egg
- 2 TBSP of butter, melted
- 1/2 cup chopped blackberriesDirections
- Combine milk with vinegar and set aside of 10 minutes to “sour.” You could use buttermilk instead of doing this, but I don’t typically stock buttermilk.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a small bowl and mix together.
- Combine the egg and butter into the soured milk.
- Combine the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients and stir until most lumps are gone.
- Add the blackberries and gently fold them into the batter.
- Heat a pan over medium heat. Grease the pan and pour your batter onto the pan.
- Wait until small bubbles appear in the pancake and flip it.
- Cook until the other side is browned.
I put the done pancakes into the oven on warm until I am finished with all of them.