Yes, I marinated my meat in a pie dish. That’s perfectly normal, right?! It just fit in there exactly right! I hate to get a bigger dish dirty for no reason. I will marinade whatever meat I’m cooking in the smallest dish possible.
I am so, so bummed that summer is ending. I cannot believe how fast it went! Winter always seems like forever and summer flies by. I don’t want to go back to school! I feel like a little kid at the end of the summer.
Plus, the end of the summer means that I can’t grill as much. We do still grill hot dogs in the winter, but there’s no way I’m standing outside watching meat on the grill in the winter. I prefer to be warm. Before it gets cold you should make a London broil. We love them and they are on sale a lot at our store in the summertime. Get out and enjoy the warm weather!
Grilled London Broil
Yields – 1 London Broil
Prep time – 5 minutes
Cook time – 15 – 20 minutes
- a 2 to 2 1/2 lb London broil
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 2 TBSP lemon juice
- 1 TBSP soy sauce
- 2TBSP olive oil
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp basil
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- Mix together the lemon juice, soy sauce and olive oil.
- Add the garlic, oregano, thyme, basil and red pepper flakes.
- In your favorite pie dish, pour the marinade over the London broil.
- Marinade for at least 8 hours.
- Pre-heat your grill on medium heat.
- Place the London broil on the grill and grill for 7-9 minutes on each side for medium-rare steak.
- Allow the meat to rest for 10 minutes before you slice it.