I am all about soaking up the last few rays of the summer sun. I am trying to walk the dog while it’s still light out and eat all the summer produce that I can.
My in laws neighbors went away and we raided their garden. (They’re friends and it wasn’t stealing! I swear!) They have huge peach trees that we could have picked peaches for days and still have had peaches left. I took some of their mint to plant at my house and so far it’s going well! It’s actually growing. And we took basil. Then, I made dairy free pesto.
Oh my gosh, I am going to DREAM of this pesto in the winter. I’m already dreaming of it now and we just ate it. I wish we could have fresh summer produce all the time. You should make gallons of this now and freeze it for the winter. I plan on it.
Dairy Free Basil Pesto
Yields – 6 servings
Prep time – 15 minutes
- 1 cup of basil, cleaned
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 1 clove of garlic
- 3 TBSP pine nuts, toasted
- 2 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
- In a food processor place your pine nuts, basil, salt, and garlic.
- Blend until all the ingredients are well combined.
- Add the oil and blend again until the oil is incorporated.
- Serve over pasta.