I start work in two days! AH! I know that I can’t complain because I’ve been off for 3 months, but it’s going to be a hard transition!
And I’m so sad to leave my puppy all day. Anthony and I used to work staggered schedules, so the pup was only alone for about 6 1/2 hours and he was fine. Now we’ll be working almost the same schedule so he’d be alone for like 9 1/2 hours. We need to hire a dog walker. And he doesn’t like strangers, so I’m a little nervous! We’ll have to see how this goes, but he can’t be alone for that long so he’ll have to get used to it.
One of Anthony’s co-workers gave us the LARGEST zucchini I have ever seen in my life. I literally made a huge loaf of bread and muffins with this zucchini and then we grilled it the next night. It was insane. It was the zucchini that kept on giving. And this was the never ending bread that we were so happy to eat!
Zucchini Bread (Dairy Free)
Yields – 2 loaves of bread
Prep time – 15 minutes
Bake time – 45 to 50 minutes
- 3 cups of flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp of nutmeg
- 2 cups white sugar
- 3/4 cups vegetable oil or canola oil
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 2 t. vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups grated zucchini
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together to flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl mix together the sugar, oil, milk and vanilla.
- Mix together the dry and wet ingredients until well combined, then fold in the zucchini.
- Add the batter to the loaf pans until the pans are filled about 3/4 to the top.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes (until a toothpick comes out clean) at 350 degrees.