I fell off the face of the blogging planet! It’s been a rough adjustment going back to work. I used to get home 2 hours before Anthony, so I had time to myself to get things done and watch all my girlie TV. Now we get home almost at the same time. It’s been tough! I’m the kind of person that needs alone time and I’ve been having to adjust to having no alone time. Thus, my blogging has fallen apart! I just feel like I don’t have time! I’m going to try harder though. I promise.
The good news is that I have a lot of recipes to post! I have been in a bit of a cooking rut also. We’ve been having the same thing for dinner A LOT, but I have tried to make some new things also. I did make this nutella and it was amazing! I am really enjoying learning how to cook without dairy. It does add an additional challenge, but I’m finding that I can still make so many delicious things. And honestly, who doesn’t love nutella?! I haven’t met anyone.
Homemade Nutella (Dairy Free)
Yields – about 1 1/2 cups
Prep time – 10 minutes
- 1 Cup Hazelnuts
- ½ Cup Powdered Sugar
- ¼ Cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 2 TBSP Melted Coconut Oil
- If your hazelnuts are not roasted and they still have the skins on them, put them in the oven on 275 for 15 to 20 minutes. To peel them, once they are roasted place them in a damp dish towel for 5 minutes and then rub them until the skins come off. Not all of the skin will come off of them, just do your best.
- Place your hazelnuts in a food processor and blend until they form a paste, like peanut butter.
- Add all of your other ingredients to the food processor and blend until they are well combined. You may need to add more coconut oil, depending on how you like your nutella.