I fell off the face of the planet again! I’ve got to attempt to make myself a schedule and stick to it. The good news is that we finally bought a new car! Anthony’s old car was falling apart. It was 11 years old and we had a lot of work that we needed to put into it. At a certain point it isn’t worth it to put that work in, so we bought a Dodge Dart. So far we like it a lot. It is a process to buy a new car though! We shopped 3 weekends in a row and then went in and spent an entire Monday night filling out paperwork. I was so glad to be home and hopefully we don’t have to do that again for awhile!
This is the perfect pick me up when you’re having a rough day and you feel overwhelmed. Especially now that the holidays are coming up! You can make this for breakfast or for dinner. Personally, I love having breakfast for dinner. It’s easy and delicious! Since I have been dairy free I have had a tough time coming up with breakfasts. Most of the yummy things you eat in the morning have dairy, but this is right up my ally! Plus, you can spread some of that dairy free nutella on it!
French Toast (Dairy Free)
Yields – 2 servings
Prep time – 5 minutes
Cook time – 15 minutes
- A loaf of hard bread (I like to use bread that is a couple days old)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup of almond or coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp of cinnamon
- Slice the bread into about 1/2 inch slices
- In a large mixing bowl mix your eggs, milk, vanilla and cinnamon.
- Soak the bread in the egg mixture until it has soaked into the bread.
- Heat a pan over medium heat and place the bread into the pan.
- Once the bread is browned, flip it to the other side and let it brown.