I cannot believe that Thanksgiving is next week. It seems so crazy! This fall is just FLYING by and before you know it, we’ll have snow! Orbit is such a snuggle bug in the winter when it is colder. He cuddles up on my lap every day when I get home from work. It is literally the sweetest thing ever. I cannot get enough of it. I literally do not go to sleep because I don’t want to have to kick him off.
I really never thought I would love this little dog so much. When we first got him I complained about it so much, but honestly I just got used to it and now LOVE having him. I get sad when we go away for the weekend.
Orbit’s 10th birthday was in September, so I spent the day spoiling him rotten. He went on like 6 walks, ate a Five Guys burger for lunch and I made muffins that I knew I could share with him. (Yes, we give him human food and if you saw his cute little face begging you for food while you ate so would you!). Even though I made these muffins with Orbit in mind, we still LOVED them. I will definitely be making these A LOT.
Peanut Butter Banana Muffins
Yields – 24 muffins
Prep time – 10 minutes
Cook time –
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 large ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup peanut butter (I used crunchy because that’s what we had)
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk (I used almond milk)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- In a different bowl mash your bananas. Add the brown sugar, honey, coconut oil, egg and vanilla. Mix until well combined.
- Add the peanut butter to the banana mixture and mix until blended.
- Add the flour and milk to the bananas and mix.
- Fill the muffin tins to about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Recipe adapted from Two Peas and Their Pods.