It is the time of the year for cookie swaps! I participated in The Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap for the second year and I really love it. It is so fun to come home to freshly baked cookies on your doorstep and not have to do any work. Plus, I loved getting to send cookies away. It’s exciting to share something you created with people you don’t know. Spread the Christmas love!
I made chai snickerdoodles for the swap this year. I had a few people who were vegan, so these cookies are vegan. It was my first time making ANYTHING vegan in my life. We don’t really know anyone who is vegan and it was definitely an experience. I had to research ingredients and make sure that everything was perfect. I found the recipe on a vegan site that I will link below. The cookies were good, but definitely crunchy cookies. I’d advice making a cup of coffee or tea to dip the cookie into. The flavors were amazing though, if you love chai! If you are a blogger, definitely think about taking part in the cookie swap next year!
Chai Snickerdoodle Cookies (Dairy Free)
Prep time – 15 minutes
Cook time –
For the topping:
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 tsp ground ginger
3/4 tsp ground cardamom
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp cloves
For the cookies:
1/2 cup canola oil
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup maple syrup
3 tablespoons non-dairy milk (I used almond milk)
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- In a small bowl combine all the ingredients for your topping. Stir and set aside.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl mix together the oil, sugar, syrup and milk. Mix them until they look like applesauce.
- Add the vanilla, flour, baking soda, salt and ground cinnamon into the oil/sugar mixture and stir until they are completely mixed.
- Roll the dough into balls. Place the dough into the topping mixture and roll it around in the topping until it is coated.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.