I know I am SUPER late to the holiday recipe train, but I had to share these because they are just so freakin cute! And it doesn’t need to be a holiday to eat a cute cupcake right?! I’ll even take one for the team and eat a ugly cupcake any day of the week! I got your back guys!
I hope you all had a wonderful holiday season. Ours was really nice. Very busy, but it’s so nice to spend time with family. Especially family you don’t see all the time.
We generally spend our holidays with Anthony’s family, since they are so close, but this year we went to my aunt’s house for Thanksgiving. It was the first time he came to my family for a holiday and it was really nice. I brought these cupcakes for a 3 hour car ride from our house to Long Island. I put them in a carrying case for cupcakes (oh, the weird things you are gifted when you get married) and they actually didn’t fall apart!
I made these with a box mix and canned frosting because we were short on time, but obviously you could make your own cake and frosting for this recipe. I’d actually suggest it. Canned frosting just isn’t the same. Duncan Hines cake mix and frosting is generally dairy free, so that’s what I used for this recipe. It didn’t really matter though because the cookie and Reese’s cup on top, isn’t dairy free. I just picked those off and ate the cupcake.
Yields – 24 cupcakes
Prep time – 20 minutes
Cook time – according to your box of cake mix or recipe
- 1 box of cake mix
- 1 can of vanilla frosting
- 1 box of Keebler fudge stripes cookies
- 1 bag of mini Reese’s cups
- yellow food coloring
- Bake your cupcakes according to your recipe or box instructions.
- Allow the cupcakes to cool and then frost them normally.
- Place a Keebler cookie on top of the cupcake with the chocolate side on top.
- Place a Reese’s cup in the middle of the the cookie.
- In a small mixing bowl mix 1/2 cup of frosting and 6 drops of yellow food coloring (or until it is a shade of yellow that you like).
- Place the yellow frosting into a piping bag with a very small tip.
- Pipe a fine line around the entire Reese’s cup.
- Pipe a square into the center of the Reese’s cup.