I am starting a new job! AGAIN! It’s kind of crazy that I have been switching jobs this much, but I really am trying to figure out what I want to do with my life. It’s hard to be an adult! You think you should have everything figured out, but you really don’t. It kind of makes you feel like you failed, but I’m trying to remember that I’m young and it’s okay to still be figuring myself out.
We have been severely slacking in the cooking department. I have been tired and lazy. I was sick for over a week and now I’m starting a new job. It’s just chaos! I can barely keep up with my house cleaning, let alone cook. We have been making easy, staple recipes.
This recipe is definitely easy and can be made in a half hour. Make a salad and some baked beans on the side, then get on with everything else you have to do! Or even better, forget everything else you have to do and go enjoy this beautiful weather.
We serve these with tomato sauce on top. You can also add a slice of Parmesan cheese and tomato sauce to this to make chicken parm!
Breaded Chicken Cutlets
Yields – 2 servings
Prep time – 5 minutes
Cook time – 15 Minutes
- 3 chicken cutlets
- 1/2 cup of panko bread crumbs (you can use regular, but I can’t find regular bread crumbs that are dairy free)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning mix
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- sprinkle of red pepper flakes
- 1 egg
- In a large mixing bowl mix together the bread crumbs, salt, pepper, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, onion powder and red pepper flakes.
- In another bowl scramble the egg.
- Heat a pan over medium heat and grease with olive oil.
- Once the pan is hot, place the chicken cutlet into the egg and then into the seasoning mix. Put the cutlet into your pan and repeat with the other cutlets.
- Cook the chicken for 5-7 minutes per side, depending on the size of your cutlet.
- Serve immediately.