I am having one of those weeks. You know, those weeks where nothing seems to go right and everyone is annoying you and all you want to do is sit on the couch and eat chocolate. Yea, one of those. Sorry to say that I am not always happy go lucky and sometimes I am cranky. The worst is when you’re cranky and your husband is cranky at the same time. Not fun.
When you’re sitting on the couch moping, make some muddy buddies. It definitely helped me to feel better. Although, it could have been the alone time also but who knows. I’m sticking with the muddy buddies are magical. And they’re simple to make also, which is always wonderful for that midweek slump.
Also, a complete side note but I called this dessert puppy chow as a child, but most people seem to know it as muddy buddies. Puppy chow is definitely a better name though.
Muddy Buddies (Dairy Free)
Yields – 8 servings
Prep time – 10 minutes
- 1 box of chex cereal
- 1 cup of chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup of creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup of dairy free margarine
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups of powdered sugar
- In a large bowl melt together your chocolate chips, peanut butter, margarine and vanilla in the microwave at 30 second intervals, mixing it between each time until it is melted.
- Add 1 cup of chex at a time to the mixture until the chex is fully coated.
- Add 1/2 cup of powdered sugar to the chex at a time stirring as you go.
- Eat it!