During the winter there are weeks at a time where we just have nothing to do. It’s really nice because it’s cold and I just want to curl up in the house with my pup and do nothing. Now that it’s summer I’m wishing we had nothing to do, but summer seems like such a busier time of year. I don’t understand it. Why is it so flipping busy in the summer?!
I just want lazy days at the pool and to sit in my kayak on the canal, but I have yet to do any of those things this summer. We have been swamped with plans on the weekends. I guess the grass is always greener on the other side, because during the winter I’ll be wishing I was busier.
Since we have been so busy, I’ve been loving 1 pot meals. First, I don’t want to turn on my oven. At all. And second, one pot means less clean up and easier cooking. It’s amazing. Any meal I can just add a salad to is really nice. This kielbasa and cabbage is perfect for one pot cooking and it’s really filling. We’ve made it a few times now and it’s delicious every time.
Kielbasa and Cabbage
Yields – 4 servings
Prep time – 10 minutes
Cook time – 30 minutes
- 1/2 a head of cabbage
- 1/2 a lb of kielbasa
- 2 potatoes
- 1/2 a yellow onion
- 1 tsp of garlic
- 1/8 cup of water
- 2 TBSP of vegetable oil
- 1 tsp of fennel seeds
- sprinkle of red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- Slice your kielbasa into bite sized pieces.
- Chop the onion, potato and cabbage.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat with your vegetable oil.
- Add the potatoes to the pan.
- Add the water the the pan and cover.
- Stir the potatoes occasionally until they are soft.
- Add the keilbasa, onions, cabbage, garlic and seasoning to the pan.
- Cover and stir occasionally until the cabbage has softened.