I need a 3 day weekend SO badly. Not even because work has been crazy, just life has been crazy and I would REALLY like a day at the beach to just sit and do nothing. As I write this it is thunderstorming outside so there is no way I’m going to the beach, but hopefully tomorrow.
Also, thunderstorming is not a real word. How would you write that it is storming of thunder then?! I think we should make this a word. I hope the people who work at the Oxford Dictionary are reading this right now.
There is nothing better than a nice day at the beach and coming home to throw something on the grill. And this chicken is perfect. It screams summer. Can you hear it?! I mean seriously. It’s like a freaking margarita on chicken. Amazing. We’ve already made it twice and that’s saying something because I have been LAZY in the kitchen lately. Happy 4th of July! Grill some chicken!
Cilantro Lime Grilled Chicken
Yields – 4 servings
Prep time – 15 minutes, plus at least 2 hours to marinade
Cook time – 15 minutes
- 2 lbs. chicken breast, cubed
- 3 cloves garlic
- zest of 1 lime
- juice of 2 limes
- 1/2 bunch fresh cilantro
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 2 TBSP honey
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- Cut your chicken into cubes and set aside.
- Place the rest of your ingredients into a food processor and pulse until the cilantro is small.
- Pour over the chicken and marinade it for at least 2 hours.
- Place the chicken onto skewers and grill for 5 minutes on each side or until the chicken is fully cooked.
Recipe adapted from Lauren’s Latest – Grilled Cilantro Lime Chicken Skewers