We celebrated Anthony’s birthday last weekend. I basically planned a 10 year old party for him, but with alcohol. We went out for all you can eat sushi and then there is a BYOB arcade across the street that we went to afterwards. It was a lot of fun and really nice to see all his friends.
Since we had such a busy weekend, I of course got sick. So I did nothing today but sleep on my couch and go to the dentist. It has been kind of a nice day. Definitely needed.
Since I haven’t been feeling too well, I’ve been really sticking to easy fall recipes. Although I love grilling in the summer, I am happy to be able to use my stove once it starts to get a little colder. Plus, having a warm and cozy house when you’re not feeling well is really nice.
I feel like beets are kind of a weird food that not many people eat, at least in my experience. Anthony’s family does eat them a lot though, so I have begun to like them. And I think they are definitely an acquired taste. I like them more and more every time we have them. You should really try this recipe. It is so simple and perfect for fall!
Yields – 4 servings
Prep time – 10 minutes
Cook time – 45 minutes
- 3 beets
- 1/2 a yellow onion
- 1/8 cup of red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp of oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add the beets making sure that they are fully covered by the water. Cover and allow them to simmer for 45 minutes or until you can easily slide a fork into them.
- Chop your onion into bite sized pieces.
- Once the beets are cooked place them in a bowl filled with ice cubes to cool them off. Once they are cool peel the skin off of the beets.
- Chop the beats into bite sized pieces.
- Add all your ingredients to a bowl and stir until well combined.