I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!
I really love Thanksgiving. It’s a holiday with no pressure. You don’t have to worry about getting anyone a gift they might not like or forgetting to get a gift for someone who got you a gift. It’s a nice holiday to just enjoy family. Plus, all of our friends who live out of town come home and we get to see them!
We had lunch with a few friends last weekend and they were telling us that every Sunday they eat pizza. They buy the dough and just add the toppings. I thought that was a fun idea, but I wanted to try to make my own dough and I am so so glad that I did! It was really simple to make. You just need to plan ahead a little so you have time to make the dough before you’re dying of hunger!
And I’m sorry I don’t have the best picture of the dough. Next post I’ll be making the pizza and you’ll get to see the dough cooked!
Homemade Pizza Dough
Yields – 2 Pizzas
Prep time – 20 minutes
Inactive time – 1 hour and 10 mins
- 3 1/2 to 4 cups of flour
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 packet of quick rise yeast
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups of water, 110 degrees or the temperature of warm (NOT HOT) bath water
- 2 TBSP plus 2 tsp of olive oil
- Combine the flour, sugar, yeast and salt in a mixer. While the mixer is running add your water and 2 TBSPs of oil. If your dough is still sticking add flour 1 TBSP at a time until the dough comes together in a ball.
- Scrape the dough onto a floured surface and knead it into a ball.
- Grease a bowl with the remaining 2 tsps. of oil. Place the dough into the bowl, cover it and place it in a warm place for 1 hour or until it is doubled in size.
- Once the dough has risen, cut it into 2 equal portion and you are ready to make pizza!