We are trying to get rid of as much food as possible in our house, which makes for some creative meals. One of my favorite things we’ve made was “fancy” ramen. We literally took a bunch of veggies and some pork and added it to a package of ramen. It was amazing. I will definitely keep making that recipe again once we move.
Part of getting rid of everything in our fridge and pantry includes spices. And this recipe is perfect to use up a lot of spices. Plus it’s delicious. Next time I think I will try and serve it over a salad. I love love love fancy salads. It’s so fun. In Pittsburgh their salads were amazing. They had fries on top of them. It was the best of both worlds. Fancy salad and fries. It doesn’t get better than that. Try this blackened chicken! It is amazing and spicy!
Yields – 4 servings
Prep time – 10 minutes
Cook time – 20 minutes
- 2 chicken breasts (mine were thick so I cut them each in half)
- 1/2 tsp of paprika
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp of cumin
- 1/4 tsp of thyme
- 1/8 tsp of black pepper
- 1/8 tsp of onion powder
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees and heat a pan on the stove over high heat to brown your meat.
- Mix all your spices together and sprinkle them evenly on both sides of the chicken breasts.
- Place the chicken onto the pre-heated pan for 1 minute on each side until the chicken is browned.
- Place the chicken into the oven and bake for about 10 to 15 minutes until the juices run clear.