We have officially moved! I can’t even believe it. It is so. much. work. I am so glad that I won’t have to move again for a long, long time. And now I get to use my brand new kitchen!!! And it is brand new! We bought the house from a renovator who flipped the house completely and we are so happy.
It is really nice to be moved in though. Buying a house is stressful and I am a worrier by nature! I wanted to have all the packing done and ready like a week in advanced and my other half is just not like that, so it is a balancing act. He was tired of doing things by like day 2 of packing and had no problem letting me know. MEN!
I haven’t figured out the secret to men yet, but I have figured out the secret to great potato salad and it is adding hard boiled eggs. Literally it changes the potato salad and makes it SO much better. The egg yolks break down into the potato salad to make it creamy and delicious. Seriously, try it!
Potato and Egg Salad
Yields – 6 servings
Prep time – 15 minutes
Cook time – 15 minutes
- 5 potatoes
- 2 hard boiled eggs
- 1/2 cup of celery, chopped finely
- 1/4 cup of onion, chopped finely
- 1/4 cup of shredded carrots
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 1/4 tsp of pepper
- 1 TBSP of mustard
- 1/4 cup of mayonnaise
- Peel and cut your potatoes into bite sized pieces.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Once the water is boiling, place the potatoes into the pot and boil for about 10 to 15 minutes until the potatoes are tender when you stick a fork in them.
- While the potatoes are cooking chop your veggies and your hardboiled eggs into small pieces.
- In a large bowl stir all your ingredients together until they are well combined.