Anthony and I decided to get a hotel room after the Red Hot Chili Peppers concert. It was about an hour and a half away from our house and I thought we would get out of the concert really late so I didn’t want to have to drive home. Plus, it was Valentine’s Day weekend, so it was a good excuse to be romantic!
The hotel was really close to the concert venue and we decided we would just walk home. On the way home we saw a taxi driver and some guy fist fighting. It was so crazy! The taxi driver finally got back in his car and we thought he was driving away, but he turned around and ran the guy over. I’m not even exaggerating. The guy went flying over the taxi. Eventually he got up, so we knew he was okay but it was nuts. What is wrong with people?!
This has absolutely nothing to do with broccoli rabe. I mean if you don’t cook broccoli rabe it kinda tastes like you got ran over by a taxi, but this recipe is pretty spot on! We don’t usually make broccoli rabe, because Anthony doesn’t really like it. It really does have a strong flavor. You know you’re eating something healthy when you have it.
Sauteed Broccoli Rabe
Yields – 4 servings
Prep time – 5 minutes
Cook time – 10 minutes
- 1 bunch of broccoli rabe, sliced
- 1 1/2 TBSP of olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic, sliced
- salt to taste
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the broccoli rabe to the boiling water and boil for 1 minute.
- After 1 minute place the broccoli rabe into a bowl of ice water until it is cool.
- Pat the broccoli rabe dry.
- In a saute pan heat the olive oil until it is warm. Then, add the garlic. Cook the garlic until it is starting to brown then add the broccoli rabe, salt and red pepper flakes. Toss the broccoli rabe around until it is warm and serve it up!