We’re going to grow a garden! When we bought this house I really wanted a garden and the house does have a space in the yard for a garden. Our soil has a lot of clay in it though, so we are going to build a raised bed instead of planting right in the ground. Anthony is going to try to build the raised bed himself, so we’ll see how that goes! I think he can do it!
I just need to figure out what I want to plant in my garden. I think I’m going to start with seedlings instead of seeds. I have had a lot more luck when I start with seedlings. The summer is so short here that I need to make sure that I’m going to get something out of it. I want to grow some herbs (basil, parsley, mint and maybe cilantro), but I may do those in some pots. In the raised bed I want to grow tomatoes, zucchini, beets and we’ll see what else. I will keep you posted on the progress though and if you have any suggestions on starting a raised bed let me know!
These muffins were so good. I love the tart flavor of the cranberries and the sweetness from the oranges. It is just an amazing combo! I would highly recommend you give them a try. I freeze at least one bag when cranberries are in season during the fall, so that I can enjoy recipes like this throughout the year. Cranberries are just so amazing!
Cranberry Orange Muffins
Yields – 12 muffins
Prep time – 15 minutes
Cook time – 25 to 30 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups of flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 1 TBSP orange juice
- zest of 1 orange
- 1/2 cup of almond milk
- 1/2 cup of vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups of chopped, fresh cranberries
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease your muffin tins.
- Mix together the flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl.
- In a large bowl mix together the eggs, sugar, vanilla extract, orange juice, milk and vegetable oil.
- Slowly add your flour mixture to the wet ingredients stirring as you go.
- Fold in the cranberries and orange zest.
- Fill your muffin tins up about 3/4 of the way full with the dough.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.