We built our raised bed this weekend! By we I mean mostly Anthony. He did an amazing job though. It looks great. We’ll see how it holds up because that will be the real test, but so far I’m happy with it!
We had help from the man at Lowe’s who cut all of our wood, but Anthony did everything else on his own. Such a manly man.
This weekend we are going to buy soil and seeds and plant! I’m so excited. I can’t wait to get started. Our neighbor told us that we have a lot of groundhogs that eat her garden, so I need to research how to keep groundhogs out of my garden. If you have any tips please let me know! I really want this garden to work out!
I feel like just calling this meatloaf is so boring, but honestly that’s what it is. Meatloaf. But it is not boring. It is delicious. Sometimes I am just craving meatloaf. It is such a comfort food and I’m not even sure why I crave it. It wasn’t something that I grew up eating, but it still is so comforting sometimes. I would highly suggest giving this recipe a try. I made a few different recipes and mixed them together to come up with this and in my opinion it is the ultimate meatloaf!
Yields – 6 servings
Prep time – 15 minutes
Cook time – 1 hour to 1 hour and 25 minutes
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 1 1/2 chopped onions
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 1/2 lbs of ground beef (I recommend getting 90/10 ground beef)
- 1/4 cup of bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp mustard powder
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees.
- In a medium sized pan heat the olive oil on medium low heat. Add the onions, thyme, salt and pepper to the pan cooking until the onions are softened (about 5 minutes).
- In a large bowl mix together the meat, onions, bread crumbs and egg. Mix until just combined. Do not over mix or your meatloaf will be dense.
- On a sheet pan shape your meat mixture into a meatloaf shape.
- Mix together all the ingredients for your topping until there are no lumps and spread it over the meatloaf.
- Bake for 1 hour to 1 hour and 25 minutes when the meatloaf is cooked through.