Anthony went to China for work! I think he had a really nice time, but it has taken him almost a full week to get back on a regular sleep schedule. Then, we’re going to turn around in a few weeks and go to Spain. The poor traveler. I just think it’s amazing he went to China! He brought home all this silk. It’s amazing.
It was a nice experience for him, but I really hate sleeping alone. He doesn’t have to be in the bed, but he has to be in the house. I don’t know what it is, but I really cannot sleep in my house alone. I spent the week commuting to my in laws house and my moms house, because I just couldn’t be alone. I know I should just suck it up and learn to be independent, but I can’t do it. I spend all night awake and worrying. Good thing he doesn’t have to go away too often!
I was so busy last week and I wanted to make something that I knew Anthony wouldn’t really like, but it needed to be something fast so I made a soup! I could never serve Anthony just a soup for dinner, but it is something that I like. This soup is delicious. Make it while the weather is still a little cool or save it for the fall because it’s amazing. I really loved it! And it was just the comfort that I needed last week.
Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup
Yields – 8 servings
Prep time – 20 minutes
Cook time – 30 to 40 minutes
- 3/4 cup uncooked orzo
- 1/2 cup cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 3 carrots, thinly chopped
- 3 celery stalks, thinly chopped
- 1 onion, thinly chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- 5 cups chicken stock
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 bay leaf
- In a large pot heat your olive oil over medium heat. Add the carrots, onions and celery and cook until they are softened. Add the garlic and stir about 1 minute. Add the thyme, oregano, salt, pepper and bay leaf and stir another 30 seconds. Then, add your chicken broth.
- Allow the broth to come to a boil then reduce the heat to medium low and allow the veggies to soften for about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the orzo and lemon juice. Allow to orzo to cook completely, then add the chicken.