I really just haven’t felt like posting lately. I got some upsetting news and haven’t been feeling great, so I really haven’t felt like doing much of anything. I’ve been sitting on the couch and watching too much Youtube and Netflix. That’s about all I feel like doing. I feel like that’s normal for most people once in awhile. I’m usually pretty productive, so if I’m lazy every once in awhile I’m okay with that.
Anthony has had to pick up the slack lately. He’s been doing a lot of the cooking and that has lead to some interesting dinners. He’s a good cook, probably better than I am honestly. He’s really good at putting things together that I would never think of and making them taste good. He is way more adventurous than I am.
When he suggested cornbread pancakes, I was intrigued but I did not think they would be as good as they actually were. The sweetness and saltiness of the cornbread works wonderfully in a pancake. Add some jalapeno for some spice or you can leave it out if you don’t like spicy food. Either way have dinner on your table in under 20 minutes. We added some peach compote to the top of the pancakes for an added bonus. They were amazing! I would highly suggest these the next time you feel like breakfast for dinner.
Jalapeno Cornbread Pancakes
Yields – 8 pancakes
Prep time – 5 minutes
Cook time – 10 minutes
- 1 box of Jiffy cornbread mix
- 1 egg
- 2 TBSP margarine, melted
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 jalapeno
- Preheat your pan or griddle over medium heat
- Dice your jalapeno into small pieces making sure to get rid of as many of the seeds as possible
- Mix all your ingredients together until well combined
- Put 1/4 cup of the mixture into your pan
- Once the pancakes start to bubble around the edges flip them to the other side
- Repeat this until all your batter is gone