Summer is winding down. It hasn’t been very hot here this summer. I think we had maybe 5 days over 90 degrees all summer. It’s kind of crazy that it hasn’t been so hot. It isn’t that I mind at all because I really don’t like hot weather. It makes my stomach hurt.
It would have been nice for my garden though if we had a few hot days. I have a few peppers that just won’t turn red and a couple tiny eggplants that would have benefitted from a few hot days. Maybe we’ll have a really hot September!
Since it’s been getting cooler again here I have been actually using my oven a little bit again. We managed to turn off our AC for a few days and open the windows, so as soon as that happens I will put on the oven! I have been craving unhealthy things lately. I want all the chocolate and French fries. It’s really bad.
I figured in order to be a little bit healthier I would try to make my own oven baked fries. While they aren’t the exact same as McDonald’s, they are still really good. Plus, you can make them right at home and it’s an easy side dish for a weeknight meal!
Oven Baked Fries
Yields – 2 servings
Prep time – 10 minutes
Cook time – 20 minutes
- 2 russet potatoes
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat to oven to 450 degrees
- Slice the potatoes into 1/4 inch slices.
- Mix together the salt, pepper, paprika and garlic powder in a small bowl.
- Rub the oil all over the potatoes and sprinkle the seasoning mix evenly onto all the potatoes.
- Line a baking sheet with tin foil.
- Place the potatoes onto the tin foil so that none of them are touching each other.
- Bake them for 10 minutes, remove them from the oven, flip them over and bake them for another 10 minutes on the other side.