Last week I had a never ending sore throat. It was enough to be annoying, but not enough that I was willing to call out of work sick so I spent my weekend napping and trying to feel better. It worked though! I am feeling so much better this week.
It just stinks because it was so nice and warm last weekend. I really wanted to enjoy another beach weekend before it got too cold. Maybe I’ll get lucky and we’ll have another nice weekend before it turns to winter.
I was getting annoyed with Anthony because I wasn’t feeling well and all I wanted him to do was take care of me and the house. He was not all about that. I was still doing most things until I got really mad and then he started to do more. He went grocery shopping by himself, which NEVER happens. I totally loved it though.
When Anthony goes grocery shopping he always comes up with ideas for dinner that I never would have thought of. Hence the chicken fajitas. They were very good though, so I can’t hate on him too much. And they’re super easy to make as a weeknight meal.
Yields – 4 servings
Prep time – 15 Minutes
Cook time – 20 Minutes
- 3 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- In a large plastic bag mix together 2 TBSPs of oil, lime juice and all the seasonings. Place the chicken into the bag and make sure the chicken is fully coated in the mixture. Place the bag into the fridge and marinade at least 4 hours.
- Heat a pan over medium heat. Use the remaining TBSP of oil to coat the pan. Place the pepper and onions into the pan and cook until fully softened.
- Remove the peppers and onion from the pan and place the chicken into the same pan. Cook the chicken until fully cooked, about 5 to 10 minutes depending on the thickness of your chicken.
- Place all your ingredients into your tortilla shells and serve with your favorite fajita toppings.