I haven’t posted in awhile. I ran out of edited pictures to post and I went to edit new pictures, but the software I used all the sudden wasn’t free. I just can’t handle that! I researched new photo editors and tried a few out. Some of them are super complicated and I really just don’t have time right now to figure out new photo editors. I finally found one that is similar to my old one. It isn’t as good, but it’ll work.
Last weekend I went and cleaned out my garden. I got rid of all the annual plants and plucked what was left. I had a couple zucchini’s surprisingly enough. Since we can’t grill them I decided to try to make something new with them. These cookies are delicious. And since they have zucchini in them they’re healthy right?!
I hope so, because I literally have been eating 2 for breakfast every morning. If you happen to still have zucchini left, make these! If not, save it for next year. I will definitely be planting zucchini again and making these cookies.
Zucchini Cookies (Dairy Free)
Yields – 20 cookies
Prep time – 15 minutes
Cook time – 30 minutes
- ⅓ c. oil
- 1 cup zucchini, finely grated
- 1 egg, beaten
- ⅓ c. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1½ c. quick oats
- 1 cup flour
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ c. semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix together egg, oil and vanilla. Add brown sugar and mix again.
- Add quick oats, flour, baking powder and soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg to a mixing bowl. Mix together.
- Add flour mixture to egg mixture. Mix together until combined.
- Add chocolate chips. Mix.
- Add zucchini and gently mix together.
- Drop 1½ inch cookie balls on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 13-14 minutes.
Recipe adapted from Little Dairy on the Prairie.