It has been awhile. I just haven’t really been feeling my best and I’ve been cooking up a little treat that hasn’t put me in the mood to eat. We are having a baby girl in the end of August (if she comes on time). In the beginning I didn’t feel like eating anything. My appetite has come back, but even thinking about food blogging make my stomach turn. I took a little break and hopefully I will be back. I have had a lot on my plate lately personally and I’ve been trying to make my life a bit simpler. I will definitely try to blog more though!
Now that it’s getting warmer and I’m trying not to gain 500 pounds during this pregnancy, I am looking for something to satisfy my intense need for something cold and sweet at night. My sister in law actually made me this ice cream the first time and I loved it. I have been on a kick and making it every evening. It’s super easy and I don’t feel bad at all eating it, so that is definitely a plus. If you are looking for a low impact sweet treat, definitely give this a shot.
Banana Ice Cream
Yields – 1 serving
Prep time – 5 minutes
- 1 frozen banana chopped into small pieces
- 1 frozen peach chopped into small pieces (I have also used strawberries and blueberries)
- 1 TBSP chocolate chips and shredded coconut (optional)
- In your food processor blend together the banana and fruit until they are well combined. Depending on what type of fruit you use, you may need to add some water (or almond/coconut milk) to loosen it up.
- Place your banana mixture into a bowl and sprinkle the coconut and chocolate chips on top.